By Wale Nice
The 2022 edition of the Hon. Godwin Ebosa back to school project was successfully delivered.
This year, 16 primary schools in Warri North benefited from Hon. Goodwin Ebosa Back To School Project. It has become a yearly festival as Hon Godwin Ebosa gives primary school children different materials. They include free uniforms, school bags, textbooks, notebooks, pens, pencils, and other learning materials.
The Back To School is one of Team Ebosa initiatives to help reduce the financial burden on parents. The project targets primary schools in Warri North. The parents of the students dread the start of school terms due to the cost of school materials for their children. As a result of this, Hon. Godwin Ebosa has stepped in annually to reduce their worries. The initiative helps to provide the necessary learning materials for school children. The back to school project helps to increase school enrolment and retention rate as the major barriers to education are minimised and eliminated. Nigeria has over ten million out of school children and this gesture from Hon. Godwin Ebosa helps to mitigate the risk of that number increasing.
The Chairperson of the group, Mr. Tus Kukune led the team on a two days visit to the riverine communities where all the materials distributed to the beneficiary schools. She used the opportunity to encourage the children to take their education more seriously as this is a gift that should spur them. Furthermore, she promised the children that those that will pass excellently will be rewarded. This would be in the form of a gift at the end of the term. Some of the schools have not resumed and their learning materials was handed over to community representatives and staff of the school.
Beneficiary Schools of the Hon. Godwin Ebosa Back to School Project 2022
The names of schools that benefited from the Hon. Godwin Ebosa Back to School Project 2022 are:
- Akuarajor primary school, Koko community
- Oton-Olu-Etsoye primary school, Ugbege community
- Afiakpa primary school, Ekekporo
- Etseyintoghoku primary school, Ebokiti
- Ugberun-Ijala primary school, Utonlila/Oboghoro communities
- Obololo primary school, Kpokugbene
- Ugbeni primary school, Ogheye community
- Uwangue primary school, Jakpa community
- Idiare primary school, Gbokoda community
- Edo primary school, Oboghoro community
- Olomu primary school, Ebrohimi community
- Jero primary school, Azama
- Dinkoru primary school, Ogbudugbudu
- Azama zion primary school, Azama Zion
- Wobimini primary school, Uyabebekorigha
- Ugogomeje primary school, Koko community
We want to thank Hon. Godwin Ebosa and we pray God continues to protect you and give you all your heart desires.